Author Candis Vargo’s heartbreaking novel details the choice one woman makes for her child and she made a pit stop here on my blog to tell me about her writing!
“Even though I was decaying, Amelia was growing. It was like some beautiful symphony the way both things were happening at once.”
Sacrificing your life for your child is one of the greatest ways a mother can show her love.
For Cara Michaels, that sacrifice was made.
At ten weeks pregnant, Cara was diagnosed with a fast-acting cancer and was faced with the ultimate decision…
That decision was to forgo life-saving treatment to ensure her child would come into this world unharmed.
Cara shares with us the last months of her life as she prepared to give birth to her child and for her husband, Joel, to parent without her.
But a husband can only handle so much before he breaks…
Grab your tissues because you’re in for heartbreak
Author Candis Vargo grew up on an old dirt road in the middle of nowhere, as a child Candis used her love for books as a way to escape reality (and her brother constantly trying to kill her–literally). She blames her love of all things Horror on being born on Friday the 13th and will always find joy in scaring her friends.
Her top five tips for all writers to know when they start out on a writing career.
- It’s brutal out there. While we all know that not everyone will like our story, you will find people that will tear you apart for one or two misspelled words or who will attack you personally because your story didn’t click with them. With everything and everyone online now, there are bullies out there. So tough skin is a must.
- Even other Authors are bullies. We are not in a competition out there. It’s not like where your book has to be better than mine because if not people won’t buy it. Books are not televisions. Or laptops. Or anything like that. People who read will read and repeat. And they will read several other authors and several other genres. Some Authors believe the opposite. Don’t be one of those Authors. Work with fellow writers as we are our own little community and we should help each other and build each other up. There are enough people trying to tear us down, let’s not help them.
- Believe in yourself. While there are those naysayers and overly competitive authors, the main person that needs to believe in you, is YOU. Believe in yourself. Believe in your writing. Have faith. Because…
- It’s worth it. For every one horrible, overly personalized review there are ten more good ones. For every negative experience you have with a fellow author, there are ten more authors out there who are more than willing to help you or offer advice. And if you think the words you put to paper are amazing, just wait until you read the good reviews you get by total strangers. It’s worth it. You’re worth it.
- Write. Repeat. By reading, you keep learning the art, by writing you keep practicing it. And the more you read and write, the better you get. And the better your own voice comes out! So Read. Write. Repeat. And never get enough of the written word, whether it’s yours or someone else’s.
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3VS1OC
Amazon UK: http://amzn.eu/5d5NSeG
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N3VS1OC